Town Hall Arts Center is committed to expanding diversity in the casting of our shows. All roles are open to performers of all races, ethnicities, and identities.
Vocal and Musical Arrangements by James Raitt, Brad Ellis, Raymond Berg, and David Snyder
Running in rep with Winter Wonderettes November 19 through January 2
Director and Choreographer: Nick Sugar
Music Director: Heather Holt Hall
Production Stage Manager: Lauren Hergenreter
CASTING – (2) Male Understudies
Each Understudy will learn two tracks for the show. Understudies are expected at all called rehearsals, tech rehearsals, and must be available for all performances. Understudy roles pay a $400 stipend and $40 per performance they go on for.
Video Submission Deadline: Midnight August 6, 2021
- 16-bars of a song appropriate to the show.
- Current headshot and resume
- Send video or video link, resume, and headshot to firstname.lastname@example.org
MINIMUM AGE: 18
The leader of the group. He has the most confidence. He takes care of his fellow PLAIDS and makes sure that everyone knows where they’re supposed to be and what is supposed to happen next.
Vocal Range: Second Tenor-Lyric Baritone
The clown. He is always looking for ways to crack jokes. He is very sharp and loves singing his tailor-made solos.
Vocal Range: Baritone
The shy one. He is terrified. He doesn’t always remember what song comes next or what the next move is. He is Sparky’s step-brother and there is a little step-sibling rivalry going on.
Vocal Range: Tenor
The worrier. He worries about the props, about the running order, and always assumes that the audience won’t like him.
Vocal Range: Bass
|2021/2022 Season Production #2b – Plaid Tidings Performance Dates and Times |
20 performances, 2 performance holds, 1 benefit performance, 1 Fundraiser Performance
1. Friday November 19, 2021 – 7:30pm
2. Saturday November 20, 2021 – 2:00pm
3. Saturday November 20, 2021 – 7:30pm
4. Sunday November 21, 2021 – 2:00pm
5. Wednesday December 1, 2021 – 7:30pm
6. Thursday December 2, 2021 – 7:30pm
7. Friday December 3, 2021 – 7:30pm
8. Sunday December 4, 2021 – 2:00pm
9. Saturday December 4, 2021 – 7:30pm
10. Sunday December 5, 2021 – 2:00pm
11. Sunday December 5, 2021 – 6:30pm – HOLD
12. Wednesday December 15, 2021 – 7:30pm
13. Thursday December 16, 2021 – 7:30pm
14. Friday December 17, 2021 – 7:30pm
15. Saturday December 18, 2021 – 7:30pm
16. Sunday December 19, 2021 – 2:00pm
17. Sunday December 19, 2021 – 6:30pm
18. Monday December 20, 2021 – 7:30 – DAF Benefit
19. Tuesday December 28, 2021 – 7:30pm
20. Wednesday December 29, 2021 – 7:30pm
21. Thursday December 30, 2021 – 7:30pm
22. Saturday January 1, 2022 – 7:30pm
23. Sunday January 2, 2022 – 2:00pm
24. Sunday January 2, 2022 – 6:30pm – HOLD
POSITION TITLE: Patron Experience Associate
REPORTS TO: Patron Experience Manager
FLSA STATUS: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Resumes and letters of interest will be accepted until August 23rd at 5pm. Rolling interviews with a candidate hire and start date the beginning of September.
Send resumes and a letter of interest to the Patron Experience Manager, Savannah Reeves at email@example.com. No phone calls.
PURPOSE: The Patron Experience Associate is responsible for creating, maintaining, and enhancing a cultural environment and physical space where patrons can build relationships and connect with live theatre and the arts at Town Hall Arts Center (THAC)! Associates in this role will assist patrons in finding the perfect arts experience by providing general information, selling and upselling ticketed events, fulfilling donation and gift certificate requests, all while embodying outstanding customer service skills and accuracy through the Box Office. Associates will be trained in the role of House Manager to fulfill during performances, which includes supervising volunteers, setting up and assisting with concessions through the night, and, most importantly, acting as a leader and resource for our patrons, staff, and volunteers!
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Patron Experience
- Greet and provide general information about THAC and other Littleton events to lobby visitors.
- Sell, upsell, and fill all ticket and gift certificate requests using the ticketing program (Spektrix).
- Assist and resolve any patron issues related to ticketing/accessibility, etc.
- Ticketing Software (Spektrix) – Maintains accurate patron accounts in Spektrix. Produces Daily Sales Reports to record transactions by type of payment and revenue for Patron Experience Manager. Will be responsible for balancing all cash and check sales against this sales report after every shift.
- Cash Handling – Set up cash boxes for bar/concession on performance nights and is able to accept and count back change appropriately. Experience with Square is a plus!
- Communication – Responsible for front line communications, including but not limited to answering and returning phone calls, answering/returning/forwarding emails, using a radio, etc.
- Performs other duties as necessary for the success of THAC.
- Patron Experience – Embody the Patron Experience Philosophy by assisting and guiding patrons to the appropriate area for their needs.
- Assign volunteer positions for the performance and prep all necessary resources.
- Ensures check-in and seating of patrons runs smoothly by consistently checking in with Box Office staff and volunteers.
- Confirm and facilitate all accessibility needs that may be required from patrons (mobility accessible seating, hearing assistance, etc.) by working with the appropriate team members.
- Assists Box Office staff and volunteers as needed throughout the evening regarding ticketing, concessions, patron issues, cleaning, restocking, and ensuring volunteers and box staff are completing their necessary tasks.
- Responsible for other aspects of performances, including but not limited to concessions, cash boxes, opening and closing the theatre, etc.
- Acts as a leader and resource for all THAC staff and volunteers during a performance.
- Responsible for initiating emergency response procedures in the case of emergency (will be trained appropriately).
- Performs other duties as necessary for the success of THAC.
Supervisory Duties (if any)
When fulfilling the role of House Manager, this role will have supervisory duties that include the oversight and in-the-moment accountability coaching for volunteers and Box Office staff. This includes, but is not limited to, making sure the expectations of the role are being met and that policies and procedures are being followed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to follow all THAC policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines as well as actively participating in and attending employee meetings and completing required training programs in a timely manner.
- Ability to promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of THAC.
- Ability to make customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions, developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
- Ability to efficiently work at a fast pace with strong detail orientation, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, the ability to exercise judgment, raise questions to management, and adhere to cash handling procedures.
Education or Formal Training:
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience working handling cash and providing customer service in a retail, banking, or other similar environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted on a year-to-year basis.
- All new hires must have or obtain a CPR/AED Certification within the first six (6) months of hire.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Candidates must pass a criminal and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) background check.
This job operates in a professional, climate controlled, fast-paved office environment with prolonged periods of sitting. This role will work specified hours as dictated by the needs of THAC at the discretion of the Patron Experience Maanger. Applicant must have daytime, evening, and weekend availability and must be able to commit to working at a minimum of two (2) shifts per pay period (bi-weekly). The number of hours available for this role will max out at 100 hours per month, with hours equating to an average of ten to twenty (10-20) hours per week. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, etc.
These are representative of those which must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to talk, hear, and use repetitive motions to use a computer, requiring the ability to use fingers and hands. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required, requiring the ability to reach for and lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and use hands and fingers to handle documents, computers, and to feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee may have to life up to twenty-five (25) pounds on an infrequent basis. When working a performance as a House Manager, this role will involve a large amount of walking and climbing stairs.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Town Hall Arts Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.